Starting with us
You can try us out first by booking a trial session, details below. Or you may have heard such great things about us that you want to dive straight in.
Each session is £10.50 per hour
5% discount for 2nd sibling. Contact email@example.com for the coupon code
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to book a trial session. Let us know the session and date you would like to try. One trial session per child.
Annual Membership – £30 PER PERSON
Purchasing a member ticket of £30 for a year enables us to keep prices low, as well as buy items needed for our young people. This is asked of by everyone who uses Spiritus. Your annual membership will begin the date you start with us and last for 12 months. Non-refundable.
Payable by Bank Transfer:
Spiritus Democratic Education Ltd
Sort Code: 608371
How we work
We ask you to be mindful of the following so please read this with your young person.
- The lobby of 245 is an active working space where we meet you. We ask you to be mindful of this when you are in this area. YP people need to talk quietly and sit correctly on furniture as many people could be on an online meeting.
- Use the door on the side of the building with the GREEN button to access and leave the building with YP. YP cannot use the swing doors.
- YP CANNOT sit in the lobby unaccompanied. If they arrive on their own they need to wait outside the building until a teacher arrives. If they arrive in the middle of the day they need to approach the reception staff to let us know they have arrived and we will come down to collect them.
- Toilets – boys, girls, and staff on the 6th floor.
- We ask you to join as a member. All proceeds help towards furniture, materials for subjects, water and snacks, furniture and days out. Become a member by purchasing it on the bookings page.
- Read the timetable thoroughly as it has all the information you need to know.
- Please arrive with your YP 10 minutes before the session starts.
- Please collect your YP no later than 10 minutes after their session ends.
- Your YP should have all of the following stationery every time they attend- writing pads, art sketch pad, pen, pencil, ruler, rubber. colouring pencils/pens and sharpener.
- Please check your emails and our timetable frequently as this is how you will be informed of any changes.
- We are encouraging YP to have a laptop/phone/ipad with them so they can email you regularly with the work they do to make it a normal practice how to use google mail/ spreadsheets and more. We do have computers on site they can use. Please supply them with your email so they can you send you their work or take a photo of it.
- Support their work at home and encourage self led research in topics they are interested in. We are a supplement to your child’s education. For 3 days we are giving as much diversity as possible. Please note English and Math is for 1 hour a week. Jodi and other facilitators do offer 1-2-1 tuition.We are happy to create workshops which interest them.Other subjects do cross over to Math & English organically.
- We encourage YP to be entrepreneurial and with permission, they can sell their items in our venue. Please contact Jacqui to arrange.
- LUNCHTIME – we have a fridge onsite you can use. YP can order ubereats etc or bring pack lunch.
- The lobby area can also be used to socialise or work in if you wish to use it. It has a coffee shop and plenty of tables with power points and wifi. Our floor is also open for you to be in – with or without work. The more the merrier as it helps us out. Wifi also available. Meet other parents too.
- You can bring in younger siblings to use our space, do your own workshop with them, use our Art and Sewing space with them. We ask them not to run around when sessions are on.
- If you can bring any other YP with you by public transport or car please contact Jacqui to let her know.
- Please wear clothing which is suitable for the session you are booked in for.
- You need to be assisted in the lift at all times. You must never be in a lift on your own. Parents, when you drop your YP off, please travel to the 6th floor with them. You can also come to our floor to collect your YP. Alternatively, you can leave your YP with a Spiritus member of staff in the lobby of 245 at the beginning of the day and we will bring them down to you at the end of the day.
- Mobile phones are only to be used when a facilitator asks you to use them in a session. They are to be put in the box labelled ‘phones’ when they arrive. PLEASE TELL YOUR CHILD THIS INFORMATION AS SOME REFUSE TO PUT IT ASIDE WHICH MAKES IT UNFAIR TO THOSE WHO DO. IT IS TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO BE SOCIAL WITH EACH OTHER.
- We expect YP people to talk to each other in a respectful way.
- Respect teachers by listening and learning.
- Take care of their work and put loose worksheets in a folder with their name on it.
- Fire drills are regularly practised.
- Please always have enough food and drink for the time you are with us. NO NUTS. Water is provided so please bring in a named reusable cup or water bottle to use. Cups are available.